- Nominees may propose themselves as well as be nominated by other applicant.
- The right to nominate Prize candidates shall be granted to all persons and organizations, both Russian, and foreign, except for the Prize Committee members.
- Nomination for the Prize shall be effected in the form, procedure and within the terms approved by the Prize Committee. The nomination form and the Prize calendar presented at the Prize web site along with the start of the nomination period.
- Nomination is possible only by sending properly filled application to the Prize Directory in the terms announced on the Prize web-site.
Requirements for the Competitor
- The Prize shall be awarded to development authors irrespective of their nationality, citizenship, race, sex, religion, property status and educational level, as well as to Russian and foreign legal entities irrespective of their size and legal form.
- The Prize is awarded to researchers, scientists and developers (up to three people) being the authors of scientific-technological discovery or discoveries in the field of nanotechnologies, and to the company being the first to apply the discovery (discoveries) to mass production with the annual turnover of at least $10 million.
- Nomination for the Prize is cannot be posthumous or repeated.
- The Prize may not be awarded to any person being the member of the Prize Committee, as well as to the Nobel Prize winners in the area of physics, chemistry and medicine who were awarded the Nobel Prize less than five (5) years prior to the Prize awarding.
- The number of winners receiving the monetary component of the Prize in a particular year shall not exceed three (3) persons. The monetary component of the Prize shall be divided among them in equal shares.
- The Prize can be honored to a company that cease to exist to the moment of the Prize award.
- No changes may be made to the composition of the group of developers nominated for the Prize.